Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! The Balmuda Toaster is a great buy for bread enthusiasts - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

The Balmuda Toaster is a great buy for bread enthusiasts


black toaster oven in kitchen

Don’t trust anything on the internet — until Mashable tries it first. Welcome to the Hype Test, where we review viral trends and tell you what's really worth millions of likes.


Over the last several months, the phrase "TikTok made me buy it" has been physically burned into my brain — and I’m only slightly ashamed to admit that. From obscure sneaker cleaning devices to specialty shower heads, I have been exposed to products I never dreamed someone would ever want to buy. And, I’ve really never felt compelled to order any of these products (I deal with my dirty sneakers the old fashioned way: by not caring!), until I encountered the Balmuda toaster

The Balmuda toaster, a kitchen-gadget-TikToker told me, wouldn’t just toast my bread. It would gently warm it, bringing out the complex flavors, the layered notes hiding within my humble slice of morning toast. The Balmuda toaster, he said, was more than just a gadget. It was the pinnacle of bread toasting devices that could very well change the way I eat bread. 

To quote bread thought leader Oprah Winfrey, “I. Love. Bread!” so I was immediately intrigued. After I began my research, it quickly became clear that the Balmuda toaster really was unique. It has elements of a toaster oven and of a traditional two-slice unit, but would it create a toasty, flavorful product? I tested it extensively to find out.

What Makes the Balmuda Different?

The first thing to know about the Balmuda toaster is that it was a product thoughtfully designed to stand out in a market where we’ve sort of already reached the pinnacle of technology. Toasting bread isn’t rocket science: Get the bread hot, but not too hot, allow it to slightly brown and you’re there. 

Where the Balmuda sets itself apart from the competition is its use of steam technology. Instead of using direct heat from a heating element, the Balmuda utilizes steam to surround the bread and warm it all the way through. Instead of making the bread soggy, though, the warm steam penetrates your bread, tenderly warming the inside as the toaster browns the outside of the slice. The toaster has second by second temperature regulation to ensure that each use is perfectly calibrated to create the best product possible. This not only evenly toasts and warms a slice of bread, but purportedly activates and rejuvenates the unique flavors and characteristics of each slice — the Balmuda claims to make your bread the best it can be.

With four distinct toasting modes (pastry, sandwich bread, pizza, and artisan bread) the Balmuda is as versatile as it is precise. The Balmuda doesn’t stop there — it can also be used as a small oven. Oven mode doesn’t utilize the steam technology, but goes up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and can be used for small casseroles, frozen foods, or even cookies. 

open toaster oven
The toaster can be used as a small oven. Credit: Sam Stone/Mashable

Is it Worth The Hype?

Part of what makes the Balmuda feel special is that it seems like every step of the process was well thought out. You can almost feel the design team’s attention to detail when using this product. The instructions, in particular, leave almost no room for error. There are even specific instructions on where and how to orient your bread within the toaster for optimal results. As an avid rule-follower, it was a relief to know there was a correct way I should position my bread in the toaster.

My first experience in toasting sandwich bread was, quite frankly, unremarkable. Yes, I enjoyed watching the steam envelop my slice of bread as my mouth began to water as I imagined the unique bouquet of flavors promised me by the Balmuda, and yes, I did audibly gasp in joy at the little song it plays when the toasting process is complete. But as I chewed through my first bite of toasted sandwich bread, I had to admit to myself that this was an almost shockingly normal bite of toasted bread. Was it crunchy? Yes. Was it life changing? Meh.

Things changed, however, when I toasted a one inch thick slice of artisanal sourdough I bought fresh from the bakery a few blocks away. The bread, already quite bouncy and flavorful before toasting, came out of the Balmuda transformed into the paragon of a slice of toasted bread. The outside was lightly browned, while the inside had somehow become even softer and fluffier than before. I could indeed finally taste and smell the mysterious layers of flavors and textures revealed by the miraculous Balmuda. It was so good, I had to have another slice. 

Pastries are only improved in the Balmuda’s gently warming Pastry setting — a croissant I warmed in there essentially became a cloud of buttery softness — and a slice of banana bread took on a just-from-the-oven texture that I was more than happy to scarf down. Pizza, too, was somehow resurrected to its original pillowy cheesy state with the help of the Balmuda. In short, the Balmuda does, for the most part, deliver on its big promises. 

The Price of Perfect Toast

There’s no doubt that the Balmuda is a beautiful piece of design. Its matte black finish makes it feel quite luxe (as does its $300 price tag), but some small details can become hindrances in the cooking process. 

Chief among these is the issue of loading the Balmuda with water each time you use it. As with most things about this toaster, the water requirement is very precise — exactly 5 cc’s, or one teaspoon of water per toasting session. This means that each time you’d like to toast something you must use the (absurdly) tiny plastic mug provided to load what is essentially five droplets of water into the toaster. The miniscule mug seems easy to lose, and the extra step of adding water each time I toasted bread was pretty annoying. 

The knob used to set the toasting time gave me some trouble as well. To begin the toasting process, you press the on/off button located on the right knob, and twist the knob to the desired time. Once the knob reaches the desired time it starts automatically. My problems arose when I accidentally overshot my desired toasting time, and the toaster started automatically. There’s no way to adjust, except to turn the toaster off and try again. Ultimately, not a major speedbump, but one that gave me trouble more than once during testing.

close up of timer dial
The timer knob can be a bit finicky. Credit: Sam Stone/Mashable

Is it Worth the Price?

While the Balmuda does come with a hefty price tag, it really can deliver best in market results. If you’re a bread aficionado, or someone who generally sticks to thicker cut artisan breads, the Balmuda can certainly improve the taste and texture of your toast. 

On the other hand, if you mostly stick to sandwich bread, the Balmuda may not make much of a difference, and can muck up your easy breezy toasting procedure. While it may not change your life, the Balmuda toaster can certainly shake up your breakfast routine. 



✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Mashable

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.