Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Awed and impressed by staff at UH - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Awed and impressed by staff at UH


Malaysiakini

Something happened to my wife a few days ago which has caused this reflection.
Race and religion have dominated our politics for as long as I can remember. It has become worse in recent years.
Our politics and the NEP, have to a large extent, coloured our minds to the reality of our relationship with each other. Of our daily people-to-people interaction. It sometimes blinds us to the good things about us.
This is one story. My wife fell in the bathroom a week ago. I did not hear her cry for help until about half an hour later. When I finally heard her, I rushed in to find her lying in a pool of blood. My heart literally stopped beating.
I was able to lift her up and together with my maid cleaned the blood off her face, her arms and her hair. And got her safely onto an armchair. I then called a doctor friend of my wife who rushed to the house and examined her. After which she said that she had suffered a concussion and needed to go to the hospital. 
She then went on to the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) [above] popularly known as "Univerity Hospital (UH)" to wait for us after making sure that my wife was safely in my car. She had suggested an ambulance, but my wife insisted on going by car.
At the hospital - this friend of my wife - was waiting with a wheelchair at the entrance of the Accident and Emergency Department (this friend is a very senior member of the staff at UH, but her modesty will not allow me to publish her name. We are so grateful to her). I went to park my car and when I re-joined them my wife had been examined by doctors and was being prepared for an X-ray and a CT scan. 
Blood was also taken for testing. And then her blood pressure was measured, and an ECG was done.
We then had a long wait for the X-ray to be taken and an even longer wait for the CT scan. There was a long queue but it was an orderly one interrupted once by an accident victim being brought in who required more urgent help. After the accident victim was done, there was some delay as the cleaning crew was called in for deep cleansing.
There was also a long wait after the CT scan was completed. I kept asking the staff repeatedly for the results. We were extremely anxious about the possibility of internal bleeding. My wife was drowsy and had thrown up several times before coming to the hospital.
We were finally told by the doctor that the scans were clear and that after stitches to the cut on her forehead she could go home.
We were at UH for about six hours. In that time, I was with my wife as I watched the staff as they ministered to all the other patients in the casualty room many of whom were being wheeled in and out for some procedure or other. Some were quiet. Some were loud. And some were in pain. 
In all that time the doctors, nurses and other staff attended to them patiently and calmly with, I would say, sensitivity and compassion. They were always incredibly polite. My wife was "aunty" to all, and I was "uncle".
The staff were from all races and the patients were too. I mention race simply because of the theme of this article. Race did not feature at all in the way the doctors and staff looked after the patients.
The hospital was super clean and cleaning was going on all the time. Security was tight. And everyone seemed to know what his or her role was. I left with a clear impression of UH being a well-run hospital.
I then thought about my many friends over the years who had gone to UH for treatment. There was never anyone who had a bad experience. There were complaints about having to wait long periods but never about the quality of care.
I am deeply appreciative of the great work being done by the doctors and staff at all our hospitals. They are some of our unsung heroes and clearly are not influenced and affected by our politics of race or religion. All patients are treated with care and compassion no matter what their race or social background. - Mkini


✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.