Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! In birthday message, Syed Saddiq recalls Muhyiddin’s lesson on staying true - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

In birthday message, Syed Saddiq recalls Muhyiddin’s lesson on staying true


Malaysiakini

Despite their differing opinions on the future direction of the party, Bersatu Youth chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman gave a heartfelt birthday message to party president Muhyiddin Yassin in conjunction with the latter’s 73rd birthday.
In his birthday message posted on his Instagram account, Syed Saddiq (photo) recalled Muhyiddin's advice on staying true to oneself at a key juncture in his life.
“I remember the day when I almost left politics to focus on a better offer in Johor, and subsequently, a fully-sponsored trip to Oxford for my Masters in Public Policy.
“You called me up and advised me to stay true to myself. That we will be in this together, from the beginning to the end.
“Your words were assuring like a father and that was all I needed,” he said.
His message comes as Muhyiddin pulled Bersatu from the Pakatan Harapan coalition and steered it towards cooperation with Umno and PAS.
Syed Saddiq, meanwhile, had backed Bersatu chairperson Dr Mahathir Mohamad in calling for Bersatu to cease cooperation with Umno and return to Harapan.
Despite this, Syed Saddiq said he does not regret choosing to continue a career in politics and to back Muhyiddin early in his career.
“Do I regret this? Absolutely not.
“I knew that you were the leader Malaysia needed and it was an honour to support you in any way I could.
“While we may have differing views today, my respect for you will never die out,” he said.
Syed Saddiq’s message is reproduced in full as follows:
Happy Birthday, Tan Sri.
I remember you as the leader who taught me to stay true to my principles despite the threats that I faced, and the goodies offered to woo me away.
I remember the day when I almost left politics to focus on a better offer in Johor, and subsequently, a fully-sponsored trip to Oxford for my Masters in Public Policy.
You called me up and advised me to stay true to myself. That we will be in this together, from the beginning to the end. Your words were assuring like a father and that’ was all I needed.
You knew of the threats which my family and I received as soon as we decided to fight the good fight together. You met up with my parents and assured them that we will overcome this together.
Throughout this struggle, I didn’t expect anything from you, because I believed in you wholeheartedly. I know that deep down, you are a good man.
I distinctly remember how your old friends in Umno left you immediately after you lost power. You were condemned and shamed. Even some of your most loyal supporters left you as soon as they saw that their gravy train would be affected.
You braved on and I proudly followed. I followed you expecting nothing in return. I remember how my friends would think that I’m crazy for following an “outcast”. I lost almost all my sources of income immediately.
My job as a debate trainer, my job as a part-time lecturer, my job as a researcher, even my students were barred from representing the university due to my role in politics and I ended up missing my graduation ceremony because of politics.
I remember a few Umno ministers who met up with me then asking, “How much you paid me?” I answered, “Tan Sri paid through his conviction in a better Malaysia”. That’s all that I needed.
Do I regret this?
Absolutely not. I knew that you were the leader Malaysia needed and it was an honour to support you in any way I could.
While we may have differing views today, my respect for you will never die out.
I wish you all the best Tan Sri. My prayers will always be with you and your family.
May Allah bless you always. - Mkini


✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.