Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! I did not lie in Al Jazeera interview, says Rayhan - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

I did not lie in Al Jazeera interview, says Rayhan


Malaysiakini

Md Rayhan Kabir, who was arrested yesterday by the Immigration Department for his allegations in the controversial documentary produced by Al Jazeera, stressed that he did not lie in the interview.
Rayhan had sent a WhatsApp message to a Bangladeshi media The Daily Star reporter yesterday, saying that the police were going to arrest him.
"I did not commit any crime. I did not lie. I have only talked about the discrimination against the migrants. I want the dignity of migrants and my country ensured. I believe all migrants and Bangladesh will stand with me," he told the media.
The Immigration Department had arrested the 25-year-old man in Setapak, Kuala Lumpur yesterday evening before handing him over to the police.
He was accused of making false allegations on Malaysia's treatment of undocumented migrants in its fight against the Covid-19 outbreak during the interview in the documentary titled "Locked up in Malaysia’s Lockdown."
Immigration Department director-general Khairul Dzaimee Daud said Rayhan would be deported and blacklisted from entering Malaysia.
Meanwhile, Rayhan's father Shah Alam has called on Bangladesh to stand with his son.
"Rayhan's mother has been sick for the last month. My son has been arrested for protesting against discrimination and exploitation.
“I believe my son did not do anything wrong. I want Bangladesh to stand with him."
Shah Alam, who works in a garment factory, shared that after Rayhan obtained the Higher Secondary Certificate from Tolaram College in 2014, he left for Malaysia and passed his Bachelor of Arts degree here.
The police had also started the investigation on Al Jazeera in regard to the documentary. - Mkini


✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.