Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Kit Siang: I would have betrayed M'sian dream decades ago if I wanted to do so - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Kit Siang: I would have betrayed M'sian dream decades ago if I wanted to do so


 


DAP supremo Lim Kit Siang reiterated that he was Malaysian first and Chinese second amid attacks against him in the Chinese circles for "selling out" the Chinese.

Lim said he was in a rare situation where he is now being accused of being anti-Malay and also of betraying the Chinese.

"At present, I am probably more attacked on the Chinese social media and mass media in Malaysia of having sold out the rights, position and future of the Malaysian Chinese than in the Malay social and mass media for being anti-Malay, anti-Islam and anti-royalty.

"In fact, I wonder how a person could do both such things at the same time," he said.

Lim said he had dedicated 55 years of his life to the Malaysian dream - to see a world-class Malaysia where its people of all races will come out of their bubbles to learn and appreciate one another.

"Let me say at the outset, if I want to betray my principles for justice, freedom, integrity and the Malaysian Dream, I should have done it fifty years ago in the 1970s when I could become a cabinet minister in my late twenties or early thirties and not wait until I am eighty years old.

"And there is no need for me to be detained twice under the Internal Security Act and to go through so many hardships in my 55 years in Malaysian politics," he said.

The DAP is facing a debate ahead of its party polls in June, with leaders pushing for multiculturalism clashing with those who want to maintain the party's "Chinese-ness".

"Let us have an honest debate about the future of Malaysia and DAP but do not use lies, falsehoods, half-truths, fake news and distorted sayings," he said.

The internal debate has been going on for many years but recently gained public attention when DAP's Ronnie Liu said the party should not "degrade" itself and dilute its "Chinese-ness" to gain Malay support.

"We must not give up our Malaysian Dream for Malaysia to be a world-class great nation.

"There is no 'de-Chinese' DAP policy to 'dilute its Chinese-ness to belittle or degrade itself just to gain Malay support', or de-Malay, de-Indian, de-Iban, de-Kadazan or de-Orang Asli DAP policy.

"I am not saying this only now as I have been pursuing this Malaysian Dream in my whole life," said the Iskandar Puteri MP.

Lim pointed out that he had, on March 18, 2010, also declared he was Malaysian first and Chinese second when debating the royal address in Parliament where he had also challenged then deputy prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin to declare if he was Malaysian first and Malay second.

Muhyiddin, who is now the prime minister, had said he was Malay first.

Lim also had harsh words for those who think that declaring oneself as Malaysian would dilute their ethnic identity.

"Only the most mentally retarded would believe that any Malaysian would say that he or she is not a Chinese, Malay, Indian, Iban, Kadazan or Orang Asli when emphasising that he or she is a Malaysian.

"I am proud of my ethnicity but I have always believed that all Malaysians must rise above their ethnic, cultural, religious and geographic differences to seek a common bond with the Malaysian identity transcending all ethnic, cultural, religious and geographic identities," he said. - Mkini



✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.