Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Six siblings one device - more students in Kelantan receive help - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Six siblings one device - more students in Kelantan receive help


 


Six siblings in Kota Bharu had to take turns following their online classes using their mother's smartphone, with no other available devices at home.

This was the experience of recent SPM graduate Nur Sazwani Yuhanis Sanadi, 18, (above) and her five younger siblings throughout the latest round of school closures.

"There are six of us including myself. My siblings between Standard Four and Form Four had to share one device to complete their homework.

"I just finished my SPM this year, so there are five more in school, although I will soon continue my studies in Form 6," she told Malaysiakini.

"We had to take turns to use that one phone, so sometimes we had problems submitting our assignments on time.

"Luckily we had understanding teachers. Definitely, it was a bit difficult to do online work," Sazwani said when met at her home in Kampung Chengal, Kota Bharu, yesterday.

Seri Kembangan assemblyperson Ean Yong Hian Wah

She said this after receiving a laptop donated by Seri Kembangan assemblyperson Ean Yong Hian Wah, through a representative.

Ean Yong had previously pledged to assist four students in Ketereh who faced similar difficulties with no laptop or internet access.

However, all four students already received their new devices from Bukit Mertajam MP Steven Sim and Ketereh MP Annuar Musa.

As such, Ean Yong continued his intention to help by selecting Sazwani as a new recipient.

Meanwhile, Sazwani said she was grateful and thankful for the donation which would greatly assist their studies.

"With this laptop, I will share it with my siblings, particularly for home learning. InsyaAllah, we will all study hard," she said.

Meanwhile, two other students from Kampung Kuchelong, Bachok, and Kampung Keladang Beta, Kota Bharu, also received a laptop each from Ean Yong.

Form Six student Aina Adawiyah Abd Halim

Aina Adawiyah Abd Halim, 19, said so far she has not received any laptop or devices for e-learning purposes.

"My mother works as a kuih seller with an income of RM450 a month. I also lost my father in 2019. So we face financial constraints to buy a device.

"With this donation, I thank the donator because this year I will be sitting for my STPM examinations, so I needed a device for my revision, as well as to complete my school work," she said.

For Muhd Fitri Aiman Mohd Azman, 15, his father's monthly income of about RM400 as a batik artist is barely enough to support their family, with two other siblings.

His mother had passed away three years ago.

"I am in Form Three and so this laptop is needed to complete my special projects.

"Alhamdulillah, thank you to the donators, I am very grateful to be given a device that will help me to do my projects, for example in Geography," he said.

Form Three student Muhd Fitri Aiman Mohd Azman

Education Minister Mohd Radzi Md Jidin yesterday said a total of 12,887 laptops and tablets have b­een delivered to 95 schools while another 40,290 will be channelled to students latest on June 12. 

He said this when asked about the status of 150,000 laptops and tablets promised by the government for underprivileged students in Budget 2021.

The announcement indicated more delays in the delivery of the devices, as it was reported on April 25 that at least 50,000 digital learning devices will be given to the students by the end of May. - Mkini



✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.