Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Chin Huat barred from entering Sarawak despite needing medical help - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Chin Huat barred from entering Sarawak despite needing medical help




Academic Wong Chin Huat was barred by the Sarawak Immigration Department from entering the state this evening, and his plea for medical attention fell on deaf ears until he managed to seek the intervention of Health Minister Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad.
Wong (above), who was on duty as the federal government's Electoral Reform Committee (ERC) member, was denied entry to Kuching when he landed at 4pm.
He had previously been barred by the Sarawak government for his activities with electoral reform group Bersih.
Wong said he sought for the ERC, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Liew Vui Keong and Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Hanipa Maidin to mediate with the Sarawak government but to no avail.
"They actually wanted to deport me by 6pm but during the waiting time, I suffered a headache.
"I asked for my blood pressure to be checked as I suspected it was high blood pressure. I took my medication in the morning but I've been busy over the past few days and have not had enough sleep.
"When I checked my blood pressure, it was 194/110. When I asked for a doctor, the immigration officers did not entertain me," he told Malaysiakini.
Wong said he only received medical attention at 9.45pm after Dzulkefly intervened and contacted the Sarawak health director.
"The doctor recommended me not to fly and advised me to be sent for observation. I should wait for my blood pressure to drop, then I can go back tomorrow," he said.
Wong said the immigration officers were friendly and courteous but added that they should consider humanitarian grounds, especially in a medical emergency.
"I told them clearly that I will not board before getting medical advice. If I could not find a minister to help and I stayed in the immigration detention room overnight, I may have an emergency.
"Who will take care of me?... I am lucky as I am executing my duty on behalf of the federal government and able to contact the health minister to assist me.
"I hope the immigration office can be more humane," he said.
Wong was supposed to attend an electoral system workshop in Kuching on behalf of the ERC.
He pointed out that Section 68 of the Immigration Act clearly states that the state government cannot bar an official of the federal government who is on duty. - Mkini


✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.