Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Shoppers head to markets as early as 5am - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Shoppers head to markets as early as 5am


Early birds: Shoppers throng the Lip Sin Garden market in Sungai Dua following the restricted movement order. — Bernama
GEORGE TOWN: Markets here were crowded with people buying as many essentials as possible due to the movement control order.
Shoppers were seen making beelines at stalls selling vegetables, poultry, eggs and dry items.
Housewife Winnie Wong, 53, said she was stocking up on groceries to prepare for the worst-case scenario.
“My friends told me to stock up as most eateries would be closed during this period.
“I was told that the market would still be open so there is no need to panic.
“I bought some fish, chicken and vegetables for my family, ” she said at Chowrasta Market in Penang Road here yesterday.
Wong said she went to the market with her mother Soo Wee Hai, 71, and sister Cindy Wong, 50, at 7.30am and it was already crowded.
“I will also need to prepare meals for my child as it is the school holidays now, ” she said.
Spotted buying poultry at a stall was manager Amanda Tan, 38.
“I’m allowed to work from home for the time being so it is better to cook for my family and practise social distancing.
“My children, aged between seven and nine years old, are having their school holidays now and we decided to not head back to my hometown in Ipoh due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
“I bought a week’s supply of meat, fish and vegetables for my family. This will be a time for me to brush up on my cooking skills and prepare healthy meals for my kids, ” she said.
Meanwhile, a trader, who only wished to be known as Tan, 59, said the crowd was bigger than the Chinese New Year one.
“My vegetables sold out before 8.30am. People came to the market as early as 5am.
“I have been selling vegetables for more than 36 years and this is the first time my goods are sold out so early.
“After the announcement, I decided to bring in 20% more vegetables and they are all gone, ” he said. - Star


✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.