Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! This is our Aidiladha sacrifice this year, say volunteers - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

This is our Aidiladha sacrifice this year, say volunteers


 

Nur Farzana: ‘Helping people at the PPV makes me feel satisfied and happy.’

PETALING JAYA: Hari Raya Aidiladha, which is synonymous with sacrifice, has extra significance this year for the volunteers at vaccine dispensing centres (PPV), which will be open throughout the celebration.

These good-hearted people are putting the needs of others before their own amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Health Ministry recently announced that all PPV would continue operating during Hari Raya Aidiladha tomorrow.

Nur Farzana Ezani, 22, said instead of being sad that she would not be able to “balik kampung” for the occasion, she decided to continue volunteering at the Setia City Convention Centre PPV in Shah Alam.

“Since we are still banned from travelling to other states, I would rather spend my time helping people at the PPV than be sad about not being able to go back to my hometown in Johor.

“I am not the only one who is affected, so I do not mind working on a public holiday,” she said.

“Time is very precious to me. I used to love having time to myself, but the pandemic has changed my perspective.

“I am spending most of my time at the PPV helping people out and it makes me feel satisfied and happy,” added Nur Farzana.

A university student who wanted to be known only as Farhan said she became a PPV volunteer as she wanted to help speed up the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme.

For Sara Qahar, who is stationed at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium mega PPV, her Aidiladha sacrifice was “doing whatever is right for someone else”.

“It could mean putting someone else as priority over yourself. In my case, volunteering at a PPV during the holiday period is my sacrifice,” she said.

Sara, 28, added that she had been involved in volunteerism even before the pandemic.

Mohammad Hassanal, who volunteers at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching in Sarawak, said he signed up because he was currently unemployed and it was better than doing nothing at home.

“At least by volunteering under the Malaysia Vaccine Support Volunteers (MyVAC), I can contribute something to the country,” said the 24-year-old, who has been volunteering at the centre for about a month now.

As of June 19, about 80,000 people have registered for the MyVAC initiative, which was launched in March.

To be a part of the initiative, visit www.myvac.com.my for more information. - Star



✍ Credit given to the original owner of this post : ☕ Malaysians Must Know the TRUTH

🌐 Hit This Link To Find Out More On Their Articles...🏄🏻‍♀️ Enjoy Surfing!




No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.