Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Merde-car adorned with Jalur Gemilang - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Merde-car adorned with Jalur Gemilang

Krishnan poses with his car. — Picture by Farhan NajibKUALA KANGSAR, Aug 22 — As Merdeka Day approaches, M. Krishnan’s love for the country is unmistakably reflected in the 319 Jalur Gemilang and state flags of various sizes that adorn his car.

On Aug 16 each year for the past six years, the former chartered car driver has dug deep into his cache of flags to shout his patriotism far and wide.

His Proton Saga has stirred the spirits of many for 30 days until Sept 16 when the twin celebrations end with Malaysia Day.

The 58-year-old said the flags were proof of his love for the country “which has done so much for me”.

“I love my country. This is the place I was born. For me, this is the best way to show my love and appreciation towards the country,” he told Malay Mail.  

“I’m doing this not to seek attention or become the talk of the town. I only want people to share this feeling with me.”  

Krishnan said he first decided to decorate his car with flags in 2010 for a lark. 

“I decorated my car with 100 Jalur Gemilang, which cost me around RM400. To be honest, I was doing it for fun at first, but later it became an addiction," he said. 

“Seeing my car full of Jalur Gemilang brings a sense of satisfaction and happiness to me. It could be because I was born in the Merdeka month, a year after our country gained its independence."

His latest Merdeka venture cost him more than RM3,000.

“Every year, I try to come up with a new flag design for my car. The decoration next year will be different,” said the Perak-born who has painted his car in the colours of the state flag.

Krishnan said the decorating and painting took him more than three weeks.

“My car has been well-received by the public. Many stop to take pictures and wish me well,’’ he added.
 



Source : Malay Mail Online | All http://ift.tt/2be5dQm

Today updated news promoted by Mukah Pages

No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.