Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! ‘I’m ashamed of myself’: Director issues public apology to Keira Knightley - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

‘I’m ashamed of myself’: Director issues public apology to Keira Knightley

During an interview with the UK’s ‘Independent’ that was published over the weekend, Carney slammed Knightley, vowing he would never ‘film with supermodels again.’ — Reuters picLONDON, June 2 — Days after his scathing criticism of her acting chops, director John Carney has publicly apologised to actress Keira Knightley.

In a Twitter post, Carney who worked with Knightley on the 2013 romantic drama Begin Again, called himself “a complete idiot” for his verbal attack.

“I said a number of things about Keira which were petty, mean and hurtful. I’m ashamed of myself that I could say such things and I’ve been trying to account for what they say about me,” he wrote yesterday.

“In trying to pick holes in my own work, I ended up blaming someone else,” he continued.

Carney went on to describe himself as “arrogant” and “disrespectful,” and said the Pirates of the Caribbean star was “nothing but professional and dedicated during that film and she contributed hugely to its success.”

During an interview with the UK’s Independent that was published over the weekend, Carney slammed the actress, vowing he would never “film with supermodels again.”

“I don’t want to rubbish Keira, but you know it’s hard being a film actor and it requires a certain level of honesty and self-analysis that I don’t think she’s ready for yet and I certainly don’t think she was ready for on that film,” he was quoted as saying.

In the days after the negative remarks went viral, two Hollywood directors who previously worked with Knightley came out in her support.

Film maker Mark Romanek dubbed Carney an “arrogant s***head,” while director Lorene Scafaria recalled Knightley was “really really good at her job.”

Knightley, who is a spokeswoman for Chanel, has received several accolades for her acting.

She earned Oscar nominations for Pride & Prejudice in 2006 and The Imitation Game in 2014.

She was also named as the world’s second highest-paid actress by Forbes in 2008.



from Malay Mail Online | All http://ift.tt/1Y3FfC2

via Mukah Pages

No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.