Hi! Welcome Back and Stay Tune! Muhyiddin vows to fight on, won’t appeal sacking - Mukah Pages : Media Marketing Make Easy With 24/7 Auto-Post System. Find Out How It Was Done!

Header Ads

Muhyiddin vows to fight on, won’t appeal sacking

Former Umno deputy president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said while he felt his sacking was unjust and done in violation of the party constitution, he accepted his fate, and would not let it deter him from his struggle to uphold the truth. — Picture by Yusof Mat IsaKUALA LUMPUR, June 25 — Former Umno deputy president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said today he will not appeal his sacking and vowed to continue fighting to expose corruption within the party.

Muhyiddin, who also lost his deputy prime minister’s post last year, said while he felt his sacking was unjust and done in violation of the party constitution, he accepted his fate, and would not let it deter him from his struggle to uphold the truth.

“The decision to sack me, I have anticipated long ago. So yesterday’s announcement marked the end of my long and winding journey in Umno.

“This history will always remain etched in my memory because Umno has long become a part of my breathing heart. Nobody can deny me this. I have never betrayed Umno. I only stood against the corrupt,” he said in a statement.

“But if they assume that my struggle will end here, they are wrong. I will continue to fight until my last breath. Let them sack me or do anything to try and break my spirit. But the fire in my heart will not die.

“And even though the action against me, from my suspension to my sacking, is against the just process and unconstitutional, I will not appeal,” he added.

Yesterday, Umno president Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced that the party’s supreme council had unanimously agreed to sack Muhyiddin and former Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir for their alleged involvement with the opposition, a breach of party rule.

Former vice-president Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal, on the other hand, has been suspended.

Muhyiddin and Mukhriz are both part of a campaign to oust Najib led by former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who recently joined Pakatan Harapan’s campaign at the Kuala Kangsar and Sungai Besar by-elections.

Muhyiddin today also expressed disappointment with Umno, saying the party no longer stood for the people, but has instead become an entity “controlled by one man’s attempt to save his own and remain in power”.

“And those who commit crime and tarnish the party’s image are not punished accordingly, but those with integrity and speak the truth are sacked,” he said.

The former Umno deputy president also said Malaysians will be able to judge if his criticism against the Umno leadership is warranted, and urged his supporters to continue the fight to uphold the interest of the country and its people.

“Continue your fight to protect our beloved country no matter where you are. InsyaAllah, God is with us”. 



from Malay Mail Online | All http://ift.tt/28TpRHk

via Mukah Pages

No comments

Comments are welcome and encouraged on this site. Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted. Including link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.

Comments including profanity and containing language that could deemed offensive will also deleted. Please respectful toward other contributors. Thank you.